Critical Skills Permits

Occupations that are applicable for Green Cards in Ireland . (Now renamed  Critical Skills Employment Permit)

All occupations with salary over €60.000 Euro except for the following Jobs

All Clerical and Administrative Positions ; All General Operatives/Labourers ; All Operator and Production Staff ; All Domestic Workers (including Carers in the Home and Childminders)* All Work Riders (Horse Racing);

All retail sales vacancies, sales representatives, Supervisory/ Specialist Sales
‘Transport Staff’: All drivers including HGV
In the category Childcare Workers: Nursery / Crèche Workers, Child Minder/ Nanny
In the category ‘Hotel Tourism and Catering’: All staff except chefs.

In the category ‘Craft Workers and Apprentice / Trainee Craft Workers’: Bookbinder, Bricklayer, Cabinet Maker, Carpenter / Joiner, Carton Maker, Fitter – Construction Plant, Electrician, Instrumentation Craftsperson, Fitter, Tiler – Floor / Wall, Mechanic – Heavy Vehicles, Instrumentation Craftsperson, Metal Fabricator, Mechanic – Motor, Originator, Painter And Decorator, Plumber, Printer, Engineer – Refrigeration, Sheet Metal Worker, Tool Maker, Vehicle Body Repairer, Machinist – Wood, Plasterers and Welders

Only The following following occupations are eligible for Critical Skills Employment Permits where salary is between €30,000 – €59,999

ICT professionals: Computer systems managers; Computer analysts; Computer programmers; Database administrators/architects; Business process specialists; Messaging and communications specialists; IT architects; IT security specialists; IT project managers; IT Product managers; Data analysts; Web developers including social media specialists; IT network specialists;; Software engineers and software developers (all languages including JAVA); Application and computer testers; Application developers; Computer gaming developers and designers; Cloud computing specialists; IT legal specialists including IT contract specialists; Localisation specialists; IT intellectual property specialists; IT-enabled education specialists; IT foreign markets specialists and UI/UX engineers.

Health professionals Registered nurses, Medical practitioners, Specialist nurses, Pharmacists/Pharmacologists and related occupations, Dental practitioners, Clinical nursing managers and advanced nursing practitioners All sectors Health associate professionals Dieticians, Orthoptists, Medical scientists, ECG technicians, Neurophysiological measurement technicians, Cardiac catheterisation technicians, Vascular technicians, Respiratory technicians, GI function technicians, Audiologists, Biochemists, Medical radiographers

Professional engineers and technologists : Electrical engineers; Chemical and formulation engineers/analysts (including with active pharmaceutical ingredients background); Design and development; Network, Validation, Product development; Planning; Process and quality control; Regulation engineers; Industrial hygiene engineers; Telecommunications validation engineers; Manufacturing instrumentation and control technicians; Electronics engineering/Applied physicists. All sectors Researchers and natural scientists Researchers, Chemists, Natural scientists, Biological and Microbiologists, Physicists and Material scientists and Bio-pharmaceutical R & D project managers

Business and financial professionals and associate professionals
Chartered and certified accountants, Actuaries, Management consultants, Business analysts, Compliance specialists, Risk analysts/specialists, Tax experts, Legal experts